Cold Cucumber Soup
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and seeded
- 1-1/4 cups sour cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley, stems removed
- 2 sprigs fresh dill, stems removed or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Cut cucumbers into large chunks; place in a blender with remaining ingredients. Puree; pour into a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 112 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 126mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
May 19, 2009
After reading the comment about this soup, I decided to change it a bit. I doubled the amount of dill and added 2 large garlic cloves and one 5 oz. containter of Low-Fat Feta cheese. I thought it was very tasteful and received compliments from all who tried it.
Aug 19, 2008
I'm sorry I have to say this, but my husband and I didn't care for this soup. We found the soup to be rather bland, and even after I added 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce, and a Dash (1/8 tsp each) of cayenne red pepper, garlic powder, and salt, (which gave this soup some added flavor) we still didn't care for it. Guess the soup just didn't suit our taste buds!
Jun 11, 2008
No comment left