Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 cup cola
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 6 tablespoons cola
- 3-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking soda; set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring butter, cocoa and cola to a boil; stir into dry ingredients. Stir in buttermilk, eggs, vanilla and marshmallows; mix well.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until cake tests done.
- For icing, combine butter, cocoa and cola in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in confectioners' sugar and mix well. Spread over hot cake. Sprinkle with nuts. Cool before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 772 calories, 36g fat (18g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 434mg sodium, 109g carbohydrate (83g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 26, 2020
At the request of friend asked to make this classic cake. This was a first for me. When it was tried her comment was “just like my mom made!” Can’t ask for a better compliment! I do recommend reading all directions first and having all ingredients ready before starting. It will be done before you know it! As a volunteer feild editor with Taste of Home magazine I love recipes that take the guesswork out - cake was perfect!
Feb 18, 2019
Can I freeze this iced cake? Love it!
Jan 19, 2019
Moist, tasty and easy...that's my kind of cake!
Dec 13, 2017
My husband doesn't care for chocalate cake but loved this, as did others. This cake is moist and really excellent flavor and texture.
Aug 20, 2015
Easy to make, tasty and different
Jun 22, 2015
Very Easy Recipe, with great flavor and moist. Next time I make, may add more marshmallows than what the recipe calls for.
Nov 21, 2013
If your a chocolate lover just make it your tummy will thank you
Jul 27, 2013
No comment left
Feb 7, 2013
No comment left
Feb 7, 2012
Easy enough to make and moist. Excellent!