Coffee Ice Cream
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, coffee and butter until blended. Stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool completely. Stir in condensed milk.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold into milk mixture. Pour into a 9-in. pan. Cover and freeze 6 hours or until firm.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 292 calories, 20g fat (13g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Sep 2, 2010
No comment left
Jun 1, 2009
You don't do the cream step? I am using my ice cream maker for the first time so I am new at this! Any help would be appreciated!
Mar 2, 2008
This is a great recipe. It is so creamy and you don't need to make it like traditional creamy ice cream. No need for eggs or lots of time spent on preparation. I just omit the last step and put it in my ice cream maker.
Feb 27, 2008
thanks DH loves coffee