Coffee Chip Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine water and coffee; set aside. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with coffee. Stir in the chocolate chips. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden around the edges. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 410 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 116mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 15, 2014
What I did to Jazz up this already great recipe is, I used three different kinds of chocolate chips. I also used brewed blue mountain Jamaica coffee. The result was fantastic!
Jul 14, 2011
Don´t waste your time and ingredients to do this recipe. It sucks! IT was liquid at the end I only bake 10 cookies and they taste flour. NO TASTE OF COFFEE.. it taste like cardboard! really!! Don´t waste your time. I don´t recommend it!! I through it to the garbage. Better bake something with peanut butter and chocolate chips it is much better.
Sep 8, 2010
I made a half batch for the two of us, cookies have a great flavor if youre a coffee lover. this cookie has a soft moist texture that holds up well after freezing.I added walnuts and a little salt to my batch. It's a keeper!
Nov 17, 2008
No comment left
Feb 5, 2006
No comment left