Cod with Bacon & Balsamic Tomatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 center-cut bacon strips, chopped
- 4 cod fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper. Add fillets to bacon drippings; cook over medium-high heat until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 4-6 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm.
- Add tomatoes to skillet; cook and stir until tomatoes are softened, 2-4 minutes. Stir in vinegar; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook until sauce is thickened, 1-2 minutes longer. Serve cod with tomato mixture and bacon.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet with 1/4 cup tomato mixture and 1 tablespoon bacon: 178 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 485mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Jul 2, 2020
Excellent recipe! My stepson who doesn't eat fish gobbled this dish up. I used real bacon bits and sauted them instead of bacon strips. Will make again and again. Thanks for the recipe!
Jun 14, 2020
I followed the recipe exactly; surprisingly bland and unsatisfying considering the ingredients. Not sure what I would do if I made it again but it definitely needs something else.
Aug 27, 2015
I loved the ease of this recipe, and how can you go wrong with bacon? Overall though, not a runaway favorite recipe for our family. The balsamic vinegar is a great pairing with the tomatoes though! A nice weekday meal and quick to make.