Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 to 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cod fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Place cod in an 11x7-in. baking dish; top with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with seafood seasoning. Microwave, covered, on high 5-6 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 154 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 304mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Jul 11, 2020
Love, Love, love !! It is quick to make and very tasty.
Oct 3, 2017
This was really good, and super fast cooked in the microwave. I followed the original recipe in the magazine which called for fresh basil instead of dried. I served this with scalloped potatoes and green beans.
Mar 27, 2014
Loved this recipe! I didnt have Canola oil so used safflower instead and thought it was good!Thanks for sharing!
Aug 25, 2013
Simple, tasty and healthy and with common ingredients usually on hand.
Jan 26, 2012
Recipe probably isn't all that awful. Cod is just not a tasty fish. Will never do this one again.
Aug 16, 2010
Yes, I will make this again. I thought it very tasty in-spite of the fact I did not have any seafood seasoning on hand for the recipe.
Aug 5, 2010
It was bland. Will look for a more flavorful option.
Apr 1, 2010
This was delicious. I omitted the oil and salt to cut fat and sodium content and threw a sliced, precooked red potato and 1 cup of sugar snap peas in the same dish to cook for the last 4 minute for a complete meal.
Feb 3, 2010
I baked as well. I also used Orange Roughy and the whole can of tomatoes.
May 1, 2009
I used sweet vidalia onions and green onions and baked it as well. This was delicious and there were no leftovers!