Coconut Oat Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- Pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 325°. Cream butter, brown sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine next five ingredients; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in coconut.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2-1/2 in. apart on greased baking sheets (cookies will spread). Place pecan half in the center of each cookie and push down slightly. Bake 14-16 minutes.
Nutrition Facts2 cookies: 244 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 278mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 8, 2020
These are great. Really simple, really easy. I added cocoa and it worked out so so well.
Jan 5, 2015
Very nice take on oatmeal cookies... good texture.
May 3, 2013
These were excellent
Jan 29, 2012
Tasty cookie. I cut down the butter to 1 stick (1/2 cup) and the sugar to 1 cup. The cookie is still moist and chewy :) Very easy recipe.
Jan 27, 2011
My family & friends love these cookies. It is soft & chewy. The coconut flakes goes well with the oats. It's just yummy.
Jun 26, 2009
No comment left