Coconut Chocolate Trifle
"This luscious dessert will wow everyone who sees it, let alone tries it," promises Donna Cline of Pensacola, Florida. Apricot preserves add a fruity touch to the pleasing pairing of chocolate and toasted coconut in this easy-to-assemble trifle.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons orange juice, divided
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate
- 1-1/4 cups sweetened shredded coconut, toasted, divided
- 1-3/4 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 package (5.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- Trim crust from top, sides and bottom of cake. Cut cake into 16 slices. Spread preserves over eight slices; top with remaining cake. Cut into 1-in. cubes.
- Place in a 2-qt. serving bowl; drizzle with 1/3 cup orange juice. Chop chocolate; set aside 2 tablespoons for garnish. Sprinkle remaining chocolate and 1 cup coconut over cake.
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, cream, dry pudding mix and remaining orange juice; beat on low for 2 minutes. Spoon over cake. Sprinkle with remaining coconut and reserved chocolate. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 267 calories, 12g fat (8g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 304mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 31, 2011
This is a very easy trifle and we all loved the flavor combination of orange and chocolate. Coconut is a family favorite and it adds great texture here alongside the smooth pudding and soft cake.
Nov 6, 2008
No comment left
Oct 27, 2008
No comment left