Citrus Spiced Tea
Ripe with citrusy tang, this easy-to-fix hot tea from Mrs. J.D. McCollum, of Memphis, Tennessee can be whipped up for almost any size group. Plus, it's perfect for sipping on a wintry day. And here's a bonus—if you let it simmer on the stove, it'll fill the house with its wonderfully spicy aroma.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 quarts water
- 5 tea bags
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 to 4 cinnamon sticks (3 to 4 inches)
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 3/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) pineapple juice
- Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- In a large kettle or Dutch oven, bring water to a simmer; turn off heat. Add tea bags, cover and steep for 3-5 minutes. Remove and discard bags.
- In a bowl, dissolve sugar in boiling water. Add cinnamon sticks and cloves; cover and steep for 15 minutes. Add concentrates and pineapple juice; mix well. Strain and discard spices. Stir into tea; heat through. Serve with cinnamon sticks for stirrers if desired.