Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking soda and salt. Combine buttermilk, egg and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Grease the bottom only of a 9x5-in. loaf pan. Pour half the batter into pan; sprinkle with half the cinnamon-sugar. Carefully spread with remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar; cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine confectioners' sugar and enough milk to reach desired consistency; drizzle over loaf.
Editor's NoteWarmed buttermilk will appear curdled.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 179 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jul 16, 2020
My entire family loves this bread! I have made 3 loaves in the last few weeks and received rave reviews. I do not glaze the bread because I do feel that would be overkill, but it is delicious as is.
Jul 9, 2020
I doubled the recipe and added 2t of vanilla. Froze and defrosted very well. Definitely will make again!
Jun 24, 2020
Quick and easy!! Cut a little thicker so it tastes a little better!!
Apr 4, 2020
I gavevthis 3 stars but with adjustments it was a solid 4-41/2. I added 1tsp baking powder and 1 tblp vanila. I used brown sugar in the cinnamon mix anx made dxtra topping to drizzle. I used milk and lemon , didnt have buttermilk. Thank goodness I read the reviews BEFORE I made it. Perfect texture and delicious with adjustments:)!
Mar 22, 2020
I made 2 loaves (separately). The bread was dense lacking flavor and much too sweet. There was no blend of batter with sugar/cinnamon, just 2 separate entities. What a waste of ingredients. Just awful.
Mar 14, 2020
If I could give this recipe no stars I would give it none. The lack of vanilla and the use of baking soda over baking powder creates a limp flavorless loaf. The amount of sugar used In the swirl Causes the entire center of the loaf to collapse when baked. There is absolutely no structure to the loaf at all and the crumb leaves a tremendous amount to be desired. This recipe was clearly formulated by somebody who does not understand what good bread should be. Lackluster flavor and even worse texture.
Dec 8, 2019
There is something seriously wrong with this loaf; no vanilla, no baking powder. I made my old recipe and there is a ton of difference. Do not waste your time on this tasteless recipe. Find one with baking powder and vanilla- my recipe has two teaspoons of vanilla and is moist and flavourful.
Oct 25, 2019
One of my favorite quick breads of all time! It is a hit on a Christmas goody plate.
Mar 3, 2019
I just tried this recipe a few days ago to take to friends they loved it. I am now making a second one for at home.
Feb 1, 2019
No comment left