Cinnamon Swirl Apple Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 tube (12.4 ounces) refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- 5 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 5 medium)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- Preheat oven to 400°. Refrigerate icing from cinnamon rolls. Separate cinnamon rolls; press onto bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake 7-9 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven setting to 350°.
- For filling, in a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. In a small bowl, mix sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add to apple mixture; toss to coat. Pour filling into prepared crust.
- For topping, in a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs, brown sugar and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling. Bake 40-45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Cover top loosely with foil during the last 15 minutes if needed to prevent overbrowning. Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack.
- Just before serving, place reserved icing in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave, uncovered, 10 seconds or until softened. Drizzle over pie.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 369 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 399mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Apr 17, 2019
I made this for group. they loved the pie and were asking for more.
Jan 25, 2016
This pie was really good and my family loved it! Made exactly as written, except I only had 1 Tbsp of lemon juice so that is all I used. Out of the oven, I thought it looked like too much liquid but when I cut into it for our dessert tonight (a few hrs later) it was perfect - the pie pieces stayed intact as I cut & placed them onto the plates! Thank you very much for this recipe :)
Jan 24, 2016
Adriennemrushing: The person who submitted the recipe has tried it & her family likes it. You can tell by the ingredients whether or not it's for you.
Jan 24, 2016
This pie was way too sweet. Would have been better with a plain pie crust