Cinnamon-Raisin Banana Bread Pudding
My family likes to change the toppings for this luscious dessert. We use berries, chopped nuts or fruit, ice cream, whipped cream or caramel topping. If I'm making the dessert for adults only, I love to add a little rum to the milk mixture to give the pudding extra flavor. —Aysha Schurman, Ammon, Idaho
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 2-1/2 hours
- 4 large eggs
- 2-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 large)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 loaf (1 pound) cinnamon-raisin bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. Stir in bread and pecans. Transfer to a greased 4-qt. slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, on low 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm, with ice cream if desired.