Cinnamon Coffee Cake Loaf
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon and salt. In another large bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. In a small bowl, combine the remaining sugar and cinnamon; stir in butter. Sprinkle with half the cinnamon-sugar mixture; cut through batter with a knife to swirl the topping. Repeat.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 194 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 306mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jan 29, 2017
Easy recipe. I did find it to be quite sweet. I may make it again, but it will not be one of my favorites.
Oct 31, 2016
really nice moist loaf- very quick to make. Sometimes I just put the cinnamon sugar mixture on the top and spray with a bit of a butter flavor spray- makes for a crunchy topping
Aug 30, 2016
Just made this tonight. Very easy to make (I added chopped pecan to the cinnamon and sugar mixture). Very moist and just delicious. This is one of my favorites. I will be making this one often, my husband loved it.
Feb 6, 2015
This is a moist and delicious bread with an in depth cinnamon flavor. Takes minutes to put together and I got rave reviews. A keeper!
Mar 27, 2014
I have made this coffee cake several times. It is quick, easy and delicious. My family loves it. Thanks for sharing.
May 26, 2012
<p>I've made this many times over the years. It is very easy to make and everyone loves it. It's a real winner.</p>
Apr 22, 2012
Really enjoyed this.
Jan 15, 2011
This is a very good recipe and easy to make. I substitute part Splenda granular for some of the regular sugar to make this lower sugar. It still tastes great and no one is the wiser. Use a good quality cinnamon like Korintje which is rich and flavorful. The buttermilk makes it nice and moist without adding too much fat and calories. You can also substitute some whole wheat flour. The bread will turn out more dense. I usually use a 50:50 ratio (for example if the recipe calls for 2 cups flour, I'll do 1 1/2 C. all-purpose flour & 1/2 C. whole wheat flour, or at the maximum, 1 C. each, white & whole wheat flour). It's yummy with coffee or hot cocoa on a cold winter morning.
Dec 1, 2010
have been making a similar <. for50+ years -loved by kids/ adults
Jun 19, 2010
No comment left