Chunky Blond Brownies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 jar (3 ounces) macadamia nuts or 3/4 cup blanched almonds, chopped, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in white chips, chocolate chunks and 1/2 cup nuts.
- Spoon into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan; spread over the bottom of pan. Sprinkle with remaining nuts. Bake until top begins to crack and is golden brown, 25-30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 221 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 4, 2019
Delicious and very easy to make! I didn't have any of the white chips, but still delicious without them.
Apr 29, 2019
I didn't change a thing. These are a perfect bar to whip up with ingredients on hand. I will definitely make these again. I like the idea of playing around with different baking chips. Some caramel chips and pecans instead of macadamias would likely be fantastic!
Feb 10, 2019
I made these with my 4 year old grandson, yesterday. They came out perfect. I made one change. I had some caramel chips and used those in place of the white chocolate chips. They were a definite hit! I will be making them again and again!!
May 10, 2018
easy, delicious and everyday ingredients ......makes a great recipe !
May 6, 2017
I made these and took them to work. They were a big hit. They were very sweet, but everyone seemed to love them.
Apr 9, 2017
Yummy!! Fixed these for dessert for friends. They were awesome!!!
Jan 15, 2017
Quick to make and tastes great! I call them cookie bars because they more resemble a cookie than a brownie.
Oct 13, 2016
This has become my "not lot's of chocolate" go to. Hubby really likes them.I sometimes leave out the white chips, or substitute another type. Mint was surprisingly tasty.
Sep 28, 2016
These were fabulous. I used roasted almonds and milk chocolate toffee bits, as that's what I had ion hand. Took them to work and they were gone within minutes.
Jun 20, 2016
I made these for my husband. He declared them 'very good'. I have also made them with 2 cups of vanilla chips instead of the chocolate chunks.