Total TimePrep: 25 min. Process: 10 min.
Makesabout 14 half-pints
- 1 package (40 ounces) frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed or 2-1/2 quarts fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 pound fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 5 pounds sugar
- 2 pouches (3 ounces each) liquid fruit pectin
- Grind strawberries and cranberries in a food processor or grinder; place in a Dutch oven. Add sugar. Bring to a full rolling boil; boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in pectin and return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
- Cool for 5 minutes; skim off foam. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
Editor's NoteThe processing time listed is for altitudes of 1,000 feet or less. Add 1 minute to the processing time for each 1,000 feet of additional altitude.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 84 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 22g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
May 26, 2020
Delicious but it failed to "set" so I ended up with a topping, not jam. I'm an experienced, blue-ribbon winning jam-maker. Darned if I can figure out why this failed to set up as expected.
Mar 4, 2020
Very yummy jam! I ended up using only about 1/2 the sugar and it was perfect. I use that Pomona Pectin so it set up fine. I did not grind my fruit - just used my immersion blender to brake it up a little.
Nov 26, 2019
With the high ratings, I had to try! It is delicious and it is so good that I made a second batch for holiday gifts!!
Oct 28, 2019
This grand prize winning jam is the best I've ever tasted! It reminds me of my Mom's strawberry fig preserves. I WILL be giving this jam for gifts for Christmas!
Dec 12, 2018
Another use for fresh Cranberries!!! I love this jam! This would make cute gifts for the holidays. A perfect blend of sweet and tart. This is a keeper! I used this for a quick treat with coffee - baking some refrigerated biscuits. Delicious!
Feb 18, 2018
This is a wonderful jam and I make it during the year, not just at Christmas. I freeze bags of fresh cranberries so I can make it anytime.
Jan 5, 2017
Made this as Christmas gifts. Turned out perfect and tastes delicious!
Nov 24, 2016
To "Nancy" who reviewed this recipe on Nov 14, 2016 - Sorry to hear that u ruined ur mixer by trying to grind FROZEN cranberries, however the recipe clearly states "1 pound fresh or frozen cranberries, THAWED!!!"
Nov 14, 2016
I just ruined my kitchen ade mixer because of this recipe! Don't try the frozen cranberries through the grinder! I'm not happy!
Oct 15, 2016
Definitely a five star recipe. Love love love the taste of this jam especially on Crackers with Mascarpone cheese. So delicious. Thank you!