Chocolaty Raisin Oat Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a microwave, combine milk and chocolate. Microwave on high for 2 minutes or until chocolate is melted; stir until smooth. Stir in raisins; set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine the remaining ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well (dough will be crumbly). Set aside half for topping.
- Press remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Spread with the chocolate raisin mixture. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture; press down lightly.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 140 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Nov 7, 2016
I'm a Volunteer Field Editor and I love testing and reviewing recipes! Made these for the first time back in 1999 (according to my note in the book) and made them again tonight for a fundraising auction at my kids school. They are super easy to put together and resemble date squares in appearance.
Mar 29, 2013
LOVED these. i added 1/2 cup flaked coconut to the melted chocolate along with the raisins.
Sep 27, 2012
No comment left
Mar 7, 2009
No comment left