Chocolate-Topped Macaroon Crisps
What a combination! Delicate macaroons drizzled with sweet chocolate can’t be beat. The recipe comes from a co-worker’s daughter, who makes us a huge batch of these every Christmas. —Rosemary Areias, Turlock, California
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package (14 ounces) sweetened shredded coconut
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- In a food processor, finely chop coconut; set aside. In a large bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff and glossy. Fold in vanilla and coconut. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 18-19 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove to wire racks to cool. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and oil; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 206 calories, 11g fat (8g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 59mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.