Chocolate-Tipped Butter Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- CHOCOLATE COATING:
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla; mix well. Gradually add flour; mix well. cover and chill for 1 hour. Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into 2-1/2-in. x 1/2-in. sticks. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten about three-fourths of each stick lengthwise with a fork. Bake at 350° until set, 14-16 minutes. Cool on baking sheets. Melt chocolate chips and shortening until smooth; dip the round end of each cookie. Sprinkle with nuts. Place on waxed paper until firm.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 97 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 5, 2013
This is nice.
Apr 19, 2013
now if this ain't kick-butt then what is my mom Teddy-Valentine
Apr 16, 2013
This is awesome you'll never regret making it
Nov 17, 2012
These are SO EASY to make, and they look like they came from the bakery. You can't go wrong with this recipe. My husband is always the test, and he said these are keepers. The semi sweet chocolate compliments the nuts AND the cookie. I used butter rather than shortening, and it was fine. Excellent Recipe! These will not last long!