Chocolate-Stuffed Peanut Butter Skillet Cookie
A surprise chocolate filling makes this peanut butter chocolate skillet cookie extra delicious! Serve warm from the oven with a scoop of your favorite ice cream. —Andrea Price, Grafton, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream peanut butter, butter and 1-1/4 cups sugar until blended. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Press half the dough into a well greased 10-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet. Sprinkle chocolate chips over dough in skillet to within 1/2 inch of edges. Drop remaining dough over chocolate chips; spread until even. Sprinkle remaining 1 tablespoon sugar over top.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs, 35-40 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. If desired, serve with vanilla ice cream.