Chocolate Praline Torte
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1-3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate curls, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and cream. Stir over low heat until butter is melted. Pour into two greased 9-in. round baking pans. Sprinkle with pecans; set aside.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Carefully pour batter over pecans. Bake at 325° for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes; invert onto wire racks to cool completely.
- For topping, beat cream in a bowl until soft peaks form. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff.
- Place one cake layer, pecan side up, on a serving plate. Spread with half of the topping. Top with second cake layer and remaining topping. Sprinkle with chocolate curls if desired. Store in the refrigerator.
Aug 15, 2011
This is awesome and so easy to do. I agree with the lady who wrote about chilling the caramel mixture before pouring in the cake mixture. I don't spray my pans I grease them w/ Crisco. Don't let them cool to long either. If you do warm them up just a bit on a burner befor you turn them out. I know you will love this cake!
Sep 10, 2010
I made this cake a few times and it is definitely a keeper!!! Very easy and very pretty!
Feb 13, 2010
No comment left
Oct 5, 2009
This recipe is fantastic! My family requests it regularly. To keep it from being messy, I chill the caramel mixture in the pan before pouring in the cake mixture. Works like a charm and keeps it from bubbling up over the pan and onto the bottom of the oven:)
Aug 17, 2009
This is delicious! Since I had extra time I made my cake from scratch. The combination was excellent. Thank you for sharing.
May 25, 2006
No comment left