Chocolate Peanut Sweeties
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 60 miniature pretzels (about 3 cups)
- 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a small bowl, beat peanut butter and butter until smooth. Beat in confectioners' sugar until combined. Shape into 1-in. balls; press one on each pretzel. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until peanut butter mixture is set, about 1 hour.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and oil; stir until smooth. Dip the peanut butter ball into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Return to baking sheet, pretzel side down. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 182 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 3, 2016
So easy and so good! I top them with a sprinkling of finely chopped peanuts, or a drizzle of white chocolate. They are very sweet, so next time I'm going to try them with semi-sweet chocolate instead of milk chocolate. These would be fun to make with kids.
Aug 10, 2016
I can not believe how easy these are to make and to have so many - and you can make them in a jiffy - I couldn't stop eating them myself
Dec 28, 2014
These things are soooo good yet sooo easy to do!
Nov 19, 2013
This recipe is quite popular at our house during holiday seasons and parties. We even do it without pretzels when there's no pretzels around!
Aug 28, 2013
Every time I make these I get tons of raves! They have become my husband's favorite treat so I make them for his birthday every year. They are a big hit at office holiday parties.
May 7, 2013
These are easy and if you have too much of the peanut butter stuff made up as I did it freezes well
Jan 24, 2013
No comment left
Dec 12, 2011
These are easy and fun to make and eat!!
May 24, 2011
these were very quick to make and my family loved them, fun to make with the kids
Dec 22, 2010
I have been making this recipe since it appeared in TOH several years ago - it is a huge hit every time. SO easy and no baking involved. Have never had it not turn out perfect every time.