Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 to 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream or milk
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat; set aside. In a bowl, beat eggs and sugar until light and pale-colored. Add flour and melted chocolate; stir well. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until the brownies test done. Cool.
- For filling, beat confectioners' sugar, peanut butter and butter in a bowl. Stir in cream until mixture reaches desired spreading consistency. Spread over cooled brownies; cover and chill until firm.
- For glaze; melt chocolate and butter in a saucepan, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over the filling. Chill before cutting. Store in refrigerator.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition FactsNutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 141 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Mar 1, 2018
This is an all time favorite! I use ghiradelli double dk chocolate brownie mix with this topping...they are easy and amazing!
Sep 17, 2017
As suggested by another review, I used Pillsbury dark chocolate brownie mix for bottom layer in 9" x 13" pan. After baking and cooling, spread peanut butter topping, using more peanut butter to taste (about 1/4 c. more). Refrigerated overnight. Excellent!
Apr 9, 2017
Taste like peanut butter cups. Love it!!
May 28, 2015
How can a 9x9 pan yield 5 DOZEN brownies!!!!
Jan 19, 2015
Pretty yummy! I ran out of sugar, powdered sugar, and chocolate and they still turned out good!
Feb 26, 2014
Great recipe for this favorite combination! I took them to work where everyone loved them.
Feb 13, 2013
Feb 13, 2013
I think I will try this using a boxed brownie mix and putting it in a 9"x13" pan. I will use the same filling ingr. as for a 9" pan. Sounds wonderful! Will let you know how it turns out.
Aug 23, 2012
I made this for company and was excited to see how they turned out. The brownie portion was horrible. It tasted like cardboard! The peanut butter topping was delicious and the only saving grace in this brownie. I might try it again, but I'm going to have to do something about the brownie to make it edible!!
Sep 6, 2011
Made this yesterday for my son-in-law. He loved them. I had to use chocolate chips because I had no unsweetened chocolate so I found them very sweet, but not uneatable. The brownie turned out very well considering I have very little success when making brownies.When all is said and done this is a nice snack. I will make it again but I will use unsweetened chocolate. I give it 5 *****!!!!!!