Chocolate Orange Cookies
My three sisters like the combination of chocolate and orange as much as I do, so we all really savor these beautiful cookies. The candied orange peel on top is a special twist. —Ruth Rumple, Rockford, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup finely grated orange zest
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate 15 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. cookie cutter or shape into 2x1-in. rectangles. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Combine orange zest and remaining sugar; spread thin layer over cookies.
- Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until the edges just begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Melt chocolate chips; decorate cookies.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 236 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.