Chocolate Monster Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cornflakes
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 package (8 ounces) sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the cornflakes, oats and coconut. (It may be necessary to transfer to a larger bowl to stir in the cornflakes, oats and coconut.) Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Shape dough into 1-1/2 inch balls and place in an airtight container, separating layers with waxed paper or parchment; refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- To bake, place dough portions 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before baking. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until edges are browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 143 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 24, 2019
No comment left
Jun 6, 2013
I have made this recipe several times and every time it is a big hit. Love it, would not change a thing.
May 19, 2011
My kids love this cookie and everyone else who tries them. I am definitely making them again. We like to make them BIG too. :)
Jan 10, 2011
No comment left
Sep 24, 2009
I use peanut M&Ms instead of chocolate chips and nuts. It adds color, and the kids love it!