Chocolate Hazelnut Thumbprints
Since we live in hazelnut country, I love making these special cookies for festive occasions. I usually bake two or three batches for parties and homemade gifts. They're yummy tasting and cute as can be!
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup ground hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, yolk and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; add a third at a time to creamed mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in nuts.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 1/2-in.-deep indentation in the center of each ball; fill with 1/4 teaspoon of preserves. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Just a before serving, lightly dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 84 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 68mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.