Chocolate Dipped Brownies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Chopped pecans, jimmies and/or nonpareils, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring the sugar, butter and water to a boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat; stir in 1 cup chocolate chips and vanilla until smooth. Cool for 5 minutes. Beat in eggs. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; add to chocolate mixture. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 325° for 35 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Place in the freezer for 30-40 minutes or until firm (do not freeze completely). Cut into bars.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Using a small fork, dip brownies to completely coat; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle with pecans, jimmies and/or nonpareils if desired. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 brownie: 141 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 61mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 27, 2017
Very decadent and a bit too sweet for my taste. I may make the brownie recipe again without the chocolate covering.
May 17, 2015
Delicious! What a great idea. Next time, I will cut the brownies into 1x1 squares since they are so rich.
Jun 8, 2014
Now why didn't I think of dipping them in sprinkles - grandkids loved this idea and the brownie was awesome too
Jun 3, 2014
Very easy and a big hit!!!! Thank you for sharing, will definately make these again
May 31, 2014
Looks delicious and that's good enough for me!
Mar 13, 2014
These brownies are a bit rich, but can be easily be cut into bite sized portions. They did take a little bit longer to prepare than expected. Next time I wouldn't make these on the same day I was cooking a big family dinner. As far as the appearance is concerned, the first several covered nicely. As the chocolate ran low in the bowl, the others didn't have as smooth of a coating. Next time I would melt some additional chocolate chips for better coverage. Otherwise, my kids loved these brownies and I will be baking them again soon!
Aug 29, 2013
Too sweet for me, really good overall.
Jul 8, 2013
No comment left
Jun 4, 2013
This is a delicious and rich recipe. I made it for my family and and some friends and they all raved about it. The only downside was how long it took-30 minutes to make, 30 minutes to bake, 40 minutes to freeze, and about 10 minutes to dip. I'll only make them for holidays, but I'll still be making them.
Feb 23, 2013
No comment left