Chocolate Coconut Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 plain chocolate candy bar (7 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Combine the crumbs, butter and sugar. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine coconut, milk and pecans; spread over the crust. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes; cool completely. In a small saucepan, melt candy bar and peanut butter over low heat; spread over bars. Cool until set.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 154 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jul 1, 2014
because I know these will be fantastic. I have chocolate condensed in the house so going to try that. will report back
Jun 18, 2014
I used 7 oz of chocolate chips, as a reviewer suggested, and the frosting turned out great. We love coconut, so these bars were a hit with my husband. I thought they were easy to make.
Oct 20, 2012
I did something wrong cause the coconut filling wouldn't spread and tring to spead it caused my crust to break up, so it ended up just globbed in the middle. But the flavor was awesome!! My husband took a bite and said "oh wow!" Definitely will try again and see if I can get it to look right this time!
Oct 4, 2012
If you like "mounds" l-like bars-you"ll love these! Easy!
Aug 25, 2011
No comment left
Jan 19, 2011
I received so many compliments for these cookies during Christmas time. I made them for a cookie party and for Christmas and everyone loved them!!
May 21, 2010
This is really good but it's a must to like coconut. I think it would be just as good to put milk chocolate chips on the bars after baking and just let them melt. The recipe calls for a 7 oz candy bar and that's really about 4 Hershey's bars. Then you need to wait until the bars are completely cooled before frosting. Very time consuming. I'm going to try it with the choc chips next time. Good luck.