Chocolate Chip Elvis Pancakes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe banana
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk egg, peanut butter, milk, melted butter and vanilla until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in banana and chocolate chips.
- Preheat griddle over medium heat. Lightly grease griddle. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown. If desired, serve with additional bananas and syrup. Freeze option: Freeze cooled pancakes between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container. To use, place pancakes on an ungreased baking sheet, cover with foil and reheat in a preheated 375° oven until heated through, 5-10 minutes. Or stack 2 pancakes on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high until heated through, 45-90 seconds.
Nutrition Facts2 pancakes: 291 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 429mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 25, 2018
I love these and make them frequently, sometimes using half whole wheat flour instead of all white. They are a crowd pleaser! For me, the recipe makes 10 pancakes rather than 16.