Chocolate Cherry Cake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package chocolate fudge cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 5 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, stir together all cake ingredients. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until cake tests done. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, mix sugar, milk and butter. Bring to a boil and boil for 1-1/2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted. Pour over hot cake. Frosting will harden as it cools.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 6, 2020
This is one of my daughters favorites, and mine too..so good
May 20, 2015
We love this! So easy too. I used a can of ready made frosting to make it even quicker.
Oct 5, 2014
My husband loves this cake! He is a big fan of chocolate and cherries. This cake is easy to make and tastes great.
Aug 10, 2013
No comment left
Aug 8, 2013
This cake is so EASY and DELICIOUS. My friends love it. A friend even baked it in a bundt pan. Occasionally I add a little Cool Whip to top it off.
May 28, 2012
This was so easy and delicious! Instead of making the frosting I used a can of chocolate frosting whichI