Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + chilling
- 1 cup crushed chocolate wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Strawberries and white chocolate shavings, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low just until combined. Stir in vanilla and melted chocolate just until blended. Pour filling over crust.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Garnish slices with strawberries and chocolate shavings if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 411 calories, 26g fat (15g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 211mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Jul 4, 2020
Awesome recipe. I guess everybody makes adjustments. I just make mine bigger by adding 8 more oz of cream cheese and a little sour cream. I use cookie dough for my crust and I use less sugar but more unmelted chocolate bittersweet chunks so it tastes like candy inside. You can take a great recipe like this and pattern it to your own personal taste. Hard to go wrong.
May 18, 2020
Made this for a friend’s 40th wedding anniversary and it was delicious. Covered it with fresh whipped cream and strawberries
Sep 3, 2019
Loved it! I made it for some peers and it was a huge hit!
Jul 1, 2019
This is perfect. My first successful chocolate cheesecake
Apr 18, 2018
I made a few adjustments to this recipe and it came out perfect. I used oreos for the crust and no sugar because the cookie is sweet enough. I also used dark chocolate rather than the chips. I make and sell cheesecakes to a villa with a high end restaurant in Cambodia and I'm happy to add this to my collection of recipes. Thanks!
Oct 3, 2015
I used a pre-made oreo pie crust and it worked perfectly and it was yummmmmyyyyy. I ate the whole cheesecake myself in one sitting O:)
Aug 9, 2015
Can I use Oreo as the crust or will is taste weird ?
Jul 23, 2015
It came fantastic, A couple tips.1) if you can afford to use good quality chocolate chips rather than store brand definitely do so. It makes a world of difference.2) If you are using a electric oven it doesn't need the full 40 minutes(one of the times I made the cake the edges burned)
Apr 30, 2015
Made this recipes many times, and people always rave about what a great chocolate cheesecake it is! However, it's not your typical "cakey" cheesecake, so if that's what you're trying for look elsewhere. Though you'll be missing out if you do because it's great.
Feb 15, 2015
I made this recipe for the chocolate recipe ingredient challenge this week! I DID make adjustments to this recipe by using 1-1/2 cups crushed Oreo chocolate sandwich cookies with chocolate-chip cookie dough filling. I used 1/4 cup each of granulated sugar and melted butter for the crust. For the filling, I'd melted the 12-oz. package of semi-sweet chocolate chips in my double boiler over boiling water and I'd added up to 4 Tbsp. HOT water to the chocolate chips for a smooth texture. I stirred the chocolate until mixture was spreadable. I'd kept the eggs, vanilla, sugar, flour, vanilla the same! I wrapped the springform pan in heavy-duty aluminum foil as other TOH recipes for cheesecake had suggested so that the pan wouldn't leak and baked the cheesecake on a large baking sheet for 40 minutes. The 40 minute time for baking worked well for me! I cooled the cheesecake 10 minutes, then ran a knife/icing spreader around the edge of cheesecake; cooled on wire rack 1 additional hour before refrigerating.This is a really great recipe and so SIMPLE! I left the cheesecake UNGARNISHED! THANK YOU FOR THIS RECIPE! delowenstein