Chocolate Angel Food Dessert
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- In a large saucepan, melt chocolate chips over low heat; stir until smooth. In a small bowl, combine the milk, egg yolks and sugar; gradually add to chocolate, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. Fold in cream.
- Tear cake into bite-size pieces; place half in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Top with half of the chocolate mixture. Repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve chilled.
Aug 22, 2020
Great flavor but needs more chocolate flavor. I have an old similar recipe that calls for 3 bags of chocolate chips - wow. I used a store bought angel food cake that was 12 oz so there wasn't enough mousse. I'm sure if you use an 8-10 oz cake you'd have enough mousse.
Jun 15, 2009
This sounds very similar to a recipe I have. It is so good. One of my families favorites.
Jan 8, 2006
No comment left