Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk and chives just until moistened.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 133 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 2, 2014
My husband and I really enjoyed these delicious biscuits! I substituted real butter instead of shortening and sour milk for the buttermilk..
Apr 15, 2012
I used butter instead of shortening and sour milk instead of buttermilk. Very light and fluffy.
Feb 1, 2011
Nice, easy biscuits that came out fluffy and moist with a delicate chive flavor. Really yummy! I didn't do the butter flavored Crisco, but used regular, and they were very nice still!