Chilled Fruit Cups
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 18 clear plastic cups (9 ounces)
- In a large bowl, prepare pineapple juice concentrate according to package directions. Add orange juice concentrate, water, sugar, lemon juice and fruit. Spoon 3/4 cup mixture into each plastic cup. Place cups in a pan and freeze. Remove from the freezer 40-50 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 141 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
May 1, 2018
These were really good only made half the recipe.I couldn’t find pineapple juice concentrate so I used apple juice and it still turned out good .Will continue to look for the pineapple juice but will definitely make again
Jun 3, 2017
So delicious and refreshing. I added some maraschino cherries and I cut up the strawberries and bananas. I also put the salad in some freezer containers to take to a family to enjoy.
Jul 29, 2016
My husband's favorite treat!
Nov 24, 2015
The fruit can be altered--I often add raspberries
Nov 27, 2011
These are great! They are easy to make and I have found they are an easy, quick breakfast. (You can thaw them by microwaving them.) I loved the chunks of fruit- I also added a 10 oz. or 2 oz. (I forget which one it was) package of frozen blueberries to the mix. You might need a couple extra cups for this addition. I might add less blueberries next time- it turned the mixture a funny color of purple. Also, be sure to halve; or better yet; quarter your strawberries, they can remain frozen when the rest of your fruit cup is not. So yummy- a quick snack. Will make again!
May 16, 2010
This is a "big" hit out at the baseball park. I can't keep enough in our concessions stand. So easy to put together & tastes great!!!!!! So try it & you won't regret it....Yumm
Apr 5, 2010
The ease of prep was key...very easy assembly. I suggest taking out of freezer alot sooner. Mine were still pretty frozen even after the 40-50 minutes. Next time I would cut the strawberries in half because by the time the fruit cups were of a slushy consistency, the whole strawberries were still frozen. People were spiting out the strawberries because they were so cold. I put a dolop of whip cream on top to finish and a cherry. Looked very pretty and colorful on the Easter Brunch table.
Apr 1, 2010
No comment left
Oct 21, 2009
No comment left