Chilled Cantaloupe Soup
A friend in New York shared the recipe for this chilled melon soup that's pleasantly spiced with cinnamon. Most people are skeptical when I describe it, but after one spoonful, they're hooked. It's easy to prepare, pretty to serve and so refreshing. -Margaret McNeil, Memphis, Tennessee
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 medium cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 cups orange juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Fresh mint, optional
- Place cantaloupe and 1/2 cup orange juice in a blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a large bowl; stir in lime juice, cinnamon and remaining orange juice. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with mint if desired.