I learned how to make this recipe when I was attending high school in California. It's been a family favorite for years.—Joy Frost, Wood River, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and sliced
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package (20 ounces) tortilla or corn chips
- 1 to 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, tomatoes, olives, onions, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until thickened. Arrange chips on a platter; top with meat mixture and sprinkle with cheese.