Chicken with Pineapple Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Minced chives, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the pineapple, soy sauce, garlic salt and ginger. Cook and stir over low heat until thickened.
- Place chicken in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Pour half of the sauce over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Bake 10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting several times with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with chives if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 79 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 700mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Nov 13, 2018
This was OK...I ended up bringing out the Sriracha because I felt like it was a little plain. In the reciepe's defense however, we do prefer BIG flavors at our house, and I don't serve simple flavor profiles very often!
Jul 4, 2017
The pineapple with rhis chicken reminds me of debate over pineapple and pizza. I love pineapple on anything and this chicken turned out awesome!!
May 24, 2017
This is my recependant from now on
Aug 8, 2014
Made this for company and they were wild about it! It really is delicious, served over rice.
Apr 14, 2014
This is a great recipe, quick and easy with ingredients that are already on hand most of the time. However, the nutritional information given is completely inaccurate!! I track points with weight watchers and used the information provided to calculate points and it calculated to 2 points. (boneless, skinless chicken breast is 3 points for 4 oz.) I entered the entire recipe and it came out to 8 points! Huge difference!! It's still a relatively healthy entree, just not as healthy as the numbers provided lead you to believe.
Oct 30, 2013
This was really quick, easy & good to make. Was almost like a sweet & sour chicken. Will definitely make again. It did take about 40 minutes for the chicken to bake though & not 25. Served it with broccoli & rice.
May 17, 2013
No comment left
Jun 14, 2012
Whoever thought it only takes 25 minutes to cook 4 chicken breasts must have a super oven. Took my chicken over an hour! It was okay but definitely misleading on time. Not a quick after work dinner.
Oct 22, 2011
No comment left
Sep 24, 2011
I ended up overcooking my chicken and it turned out a little dry, but with the mouth salivating sauce it was still delicious! I will definitely try this again!