Chicken with Mango-Raspberry Salsa
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Grill: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- For salsa, in a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Combine the garlic powder, salt and pepper; sprinkle over both sides of chicken.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reaches 170°. Just before serving, gently fold raspberries into salsa. Serve with chicken.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 172 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 262mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Jun 20, 2013
I made this last evening and it was a hit! It is a definate 5 Star recipe and healthy too!! We are trying to eat more Naturally and even paleo/primal foods and this fits right in! Thanks TOH.
Jun 17, 2013
Great flavor, beautiful presentation, easy to make, healthy, and goes equally well with seafood and pork.
Jun 3, 2013
I really liked the salsa. Next time, I will use more seasoning for the chicken.
May 23, 2013
Whenever I grill chicken I always pound it out a little because if it too thick it has a tendency to dry. Also, I used olive oil on the chicken before the other spices. This prevents it from sticking to the grill and gives a little extra flavor.
May 13, 2013
Too bad we don't have '6 stars.' Do something very similar and just read the recipe and drooled.
May 13, 2013
No comment left
Mar 15, 2010
The recipe was a huge success for our family. We will be definitely be making this again soon!
Jun 1, 2009
This meal is wonderful! I'm so happy that summer is here, so I can prepare this one again- delicious!