Chicken with Garlic Sauce
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or .4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 20 garlic cloves, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons flour, rosemary, sage, salt and pepper; add chicken. Seal bag and shake to coat. In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat for 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in the same skillet, saute the garlic, onion and red pepper flakes in remaining oil until onion is tender and garlic begins to brown, about 3 minutes. Stir in wine or broth; bring to a boil. Boil until wine is reduced by half, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth; bring to a boil. Boil until broth is reduced by half, about 7-8 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Combine butter and remaining flour; whisk into skillet. Return to heat. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until sauce thickens. Serve warm over chicken breasts. Sprinkle with parsley.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 25, 2011
This chicken is amazing! It's easy and flavor-filled. I made one change: I used 9-10 garlic cloves, minced instead of sliced. I think that evened the flavor out better. The rosemary gives a unique flavor that some may not like, but I did!Oh, and I had no sage, so I omitted it, and it was fine
Oct 17, 2010
We really didn't seem to enjoy this recipe. Even though it had so much garlic, you couldn't really get a garlic taste without biting into one of the slices of garlic. It seemed kind of plain. Perhaps if the garlic were roasted, it would make a difference. Made a very pretty presentation, however.
Nov 16, 2009
loved it. Made it with pinot grigio, delicious!!!