Chicken with Cranberries
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Dash ground nutmeg
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper; dredge the chicken. In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter until browned on both sides. Remove chicken and set aside.
- In the same skillet, combine the cranberries, water, brown sugar, vinegar and nutmeg; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Place chicken on top; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. To serve, spoon cranberry mixture over chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 222 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Dec 31, 2017
No comment left
Aug 15, 2016
This is the only stove-top recipe I use for any chicken dish with cranberries! Serve over rice with a salad to make a quick complete meal. Delicious!
Aug 21, 2012
Absolutely fantastic......I didn't change a thing!!
Jan 21, 2011
I made this recipe as written, using fresh cranberries, and my husband and I enjoyed it. For my preferences, I might use slightly less flour, butter, and brown sugar next. But, all in all, a tasty meal - great for a family dinner or a casual meal with friends.