Chicken with Couscous
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 package (5.8 ounces) roasted garlic and olive oil couscous
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- In a large saucepan, combine the broccoli, contents of the couscous seasoning packet, water and 1 teaspoon oil. Bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine the lemon juice, garlic and oregano; rub over chicken. In a large skillet, brown chicken in remaining oil over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until juices run clear. Stir tomato into the couscous; serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 1 cup couscous: 357 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 711mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 fat.
Jun 13, 2020
Simple but quick and tasty made just as it is. I may try marinating the chicken in the rub next time just to see if that helps bring out more of the lemon flavor or maybe add something to the couscous as it is light on flavor compared to the chicken. My husband suggested the chicken also might be good over salad!
Jul 18, 2013
my favorite recipe, although I did make changes by not using some ingredients and adding some of my own, but I love it.
Jan 12, 2012
This recipe was really good and really quick and easy! I used frozen broccoli and cooked separately according to the package. I also used plain couscous because that is what I had. I made the couscous with chicken broth instead of water for a little more flavor. I left out the tomato, and also added some "hot chopped pepper" that I have a jar of. I cut the chicken into cubes before adding to the skillet, to make it easier... then I combined everthing. It was really good!
Jul 24, 2010
The whole family liked it. It is great to make on a hot day when I don't want to use the oven.