Chicken with Apple Cream Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, brown the chicken in oil over medium heat for 4 minutes on each side. Combine the apple juice, lemon juice, rosemary, salt and pepper; pour over chicken. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch and cream until smooth; gradually stir into cooking liquid in skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add parsley. Return chicken to skillet and heat through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 353 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 391mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein.
Jan 17, 2014
The first time I made this recipe, I liked it but felt that the chicken didn't absorb enough flavor. The next time, I cut the chicken breasts into strips and that helped. (The presentation isn't quite as nice as giving each person a whole piece of chicken, but it tastes better.)
Oct 25, 2012
No comment left
Jan 14, 2012
This was just marginal okay. From the reviews I thought this was going to be better. No offense intended, but this was really blah.
Jan 11, 2012
I have made this many times over the past several years. It is absolutely delicious!
Oct 14, 2011
No comment left
Aug 29, 2011
Great texture and easy to make! A bit bland in spices...I just threw a bit more salt and pepper in!
Dec 31, 2010
The best chiken breast recipe ever
Nov 25, 2010
Quick easy, a nice sweet sauce to it thanks to the apple juice. The whole family liked it.
Nov 22, 2010
This was a very quick recipe to prepare. The apple cream sauce was slightly sweet but nicely flavored. This was a nice recipe considering how quickly it can be made.
Mar 19, 2010
This was wonderful. so rich and delcious.