Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth, optional
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in flour; gradually add the chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the cream, parsley, salt, nutmeg, pepper, and wine if desired. Fold in the chicken and spaghetti.
- Turn into a greased 3-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 258 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 763mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Apr 12, 2020
This is a very easy and satisfying dish. I have to chop the mushrooms into fine pieces, however, my husband does not like mushrooms. It is a keeper and I will make this dish once a month. Hope you try it, you will love it.
Nov 5, 2017
This Is The Best it has become my signature dish my entire family loves it especially my young niece who ask quite frequently Uncle Mathew Will you make the Chicken Stuff that I love. To which I always reply yes! Excellent
Jun 30, 2017
This classic chicken casserole is sure to please. It is so satisfying!!
Mar 17, 2017
This was somewhat tasty. Next time I'd double the cheese. No need to bake.. I just ate straight from the skillet.
Dec 4, 2016
I recently made this using left-over turkey from Thanksgiving but I have mostly used chicken. I usually add parmesan cheese to the sauce as well as sprinkling on top of the dish. Husband and sons love this comfort-food dish!
Jul 11, 2016
I have been looking for a recipe for Chicken Tetrazzini, because my mother made this dish when I was young over 50 years ago. This recipe is the one. I used cremini mushrooms and all chicken broth. It was easy to make and so delicious, and the closest recipe I have found to my mother's. My husband gave it a thumbs up.
Mar 11, 2016
This didn't have as much flavor as I was expecting, and the noodles were too mushy. Next time as other reviewers have suggested I will sautee some onions with the mushrooms, add some lemon juice and a dash of cayenne and cook the spaghetti just to al dente.
Dec 25, 2014
I really liked this receipt a lot. I added garlic, Italian seasonings, it had a great balance as well. I have made the dish three times already. Awesome recipe.
Nov 30, 2014
I've made this recipe several times, most recently two days ago with turkey leftovers from Thanksgiving. I've added two garlic cloves, crushed and use sherry instead of wine or additional broth. I've used dry or cream sherry, whatever I have on hand. A very tasty casserole that I will make again and recommend it to everyone.
Oct 23, 2014
This was just ok to us.