Chicken Rice Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/2 cups diced green pepper
- 1-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, orange juice, vinegar, salt, ginger and garlic salt. Pour over salad and toss. Refrigerate. Just before serving, fold in the oranges and almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 361 calories, 20g fat (3g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Jun 9, 2011
We love this salad and I have made it many times. The first was for a group of ladies for a luncheon. They loved it. This salad is so refreshing with the fruit, and a nice change from the usual potato or pasta salads.
Apr 15, 2011
I had the magazine with this recipe in it for a few years and somehow lost it. My husband and I loved it and made it to take on road trips and eat out of pocket breads. I liked it with just Townhouse crackers! I'm so glad to see that it's out here because I couldn't replicate it from memory!!
Jul 3, 2009
I've made this over and over and always receive compliments