Chicken Rice Burritos
Total TimePrep: 55 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 7 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 jar (16 ounces) picante sauce, divided
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- Additional picante sauce and cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, saute onions and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in chicken, chili powder, 1/4 cup broth and 3/4 cup of picante sauce. Heat through; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring rice and remaining broth to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes. Stir in remaining picante sauce; cover and simmer 5-10 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir into chicken mixture. Add olives and 2 cups cheese.
- Spoon 1 cup filling, off center, on each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling, then roll up. Arrange burritos in two ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with picante sauce and cheese.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 1133 calories, 42g fat (20g saturated fat), 216mg cholesterol, 2133mg sodium, 96g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 13g fiber), 75g protein.
Mar 14, 2018
Love this recipe. It takes a bit of preparation, but it's worth it in the end!
Jun 25, 2017
The flavors here come together to make these burritos special. I serve for family and they loved them.
Feb 4, 2015
Dec 1, 2014
Delicious recipe! I made these for my son's teachers' luncheon and they were a hit. They had a little kick to them but weren't too spicy. Very authentic tasting and easy to make.
Sep 24, 2014
great recipe. I love chicken Burrito because it is healthy and authentic food.http://sweb2.dmit.nait.ca/adhaliwal16/Chipotle-Chicken-Burrito/
May 11, 2014
Love this recipe. Yummy burritos. Would make more often if my kids were rice fans.
Aug 2, 2011
No comment left
Dec 8, 2010
Very good! I didn't use the green onions or garlic (didn't have them on hand), and I added black beans and corn and used whole wheat tortillas. Excellent!
Dec 7, 2010
I've made this recipe for years--ever since it first came out in TOH's cookbook. I serve it with a recipe that combines lime jello and cream cheese.
Nov 6, 2010
I've made this recipe dozens of times, and everyone who tastes it, loves it! It does take a little time to prepare, but it's well worth it.