Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream and guacamole
- In a large skillet, combine the first 6 ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until heated through, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Brush 1 side of tortillas with butter; place buttered side down on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture over half of each tortilla; sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese.
- Fold plain side of tortilla over cheese. Bake at 375° until crisp and golden brown, 9-11 minutes. Cut into wedges; serve with sour cream and guacamole.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 each: 477 calories, 26g fat (13g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 901mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 1, 2020
My 17 year old son made this for a Boy Scout merit badge. It was easy for him to prepare and turned out very well. I've made quesadillas once before but they were heated on the stove instead of the oven. I think I prefer it on the stove as they were a bit more browned. Either way, we will be making this again!
Oct 5, 2019
Easy and very tasty way to use leftover roast chicken! Had whole wheat tortillas which I sprayed with olive oil, rather than using butter, and I put a layer of fresh spinach in first, then the meat, to which I'd added a chopped fresh tomato as I was short on salsa, then topped that with extra sharp cheddar cheese. Cooked on parchment paper lined sheet pan and they crisped up GREAT in the oven! Served with salsa and homemade guacamole. Delish!
Jun 30, 2019
Very yummy! Everybody in the family liked them which is a change. Will definitely make them again. The only thing I will do differently is put them in my copper pans to crisp instead of the oven, they get the best crisp that way.
Apr 20, 2019
Great flavor! We really enjoyed these. I will definitely make them again and again.
Apr 13, 2019
I have been making this now family favorite for 20 years now since it came out in your magazine! Itand#039;s so simple and delicious,...a real winner of a dinner!!!??????????
Jan 17, 2019
Oct 30, 2018
Quick, easy and delicious. I used the leftover chicken in the Herbed Potato Soup recipe and it was amazing!
Jun 9, 2018
This recipe is amazing just as it is! Blew my husband away. And he is not quick to say something is amazingly delicious unless he really thinks so. Perfect flavor and the baked aspect is what really puts this over the edge into the delicious category. Making it again tonight. Will be using this recipe for years to come. Thank you!
May 8, 2018
Delicious And easy to make. kids loved them and adults loved them!
Mar 13, 2018
This recipe was quick and easy! I made it as stated and melted a little more cheese on top along with sour cream, salsa and avocado. My husband loved them and said the recipe was a keeper!!