Chicken-Pesto Pan Pizza
A packaged pesto mix tastefully replaces traditional tomato sauce in this tempting pizza from Juanita Fleck. "Served alongside a tossed green salad, this is one of my husband's favorite meals," wries the Bullhead City, Arizona cook.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 envelope pesto sauce mix
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- Unroll pizza crust into an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Prick dough several items with a fork. Bake at 425° for 7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, combine the water, oil and pesto sauce mix in a saucepan. Cook until heated through (do not boil). Add the spinach, ricotta and onion.
- Spread over crust. Top with chicken, mushrooms, tomatoes and Swiss and Romano cheeses. Bake at 425° for 7 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 368 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 866mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Jul 30, 2012
Would I make this again? YEAH! My daughters have asked for every day since I made it the first time. Great way to use leftover chicken and the pesto sauce mix is very flavorful. Yummy!
Sep 14, 2006
No comment left