Chicken Noodle Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 ounces egg noodles, cooked and drained
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Stir in the chicken, onion, peppers, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Add noodles and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes longer.
Freeze option: Sprinkle remaining cheeses over unbaked casserole. Cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°.
Test Kitchen Tips
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (1 cup) equals 629 calories, 34 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 143 mg cholesterol, 752 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Jul 18, 2020
Solid recipe, comforting dish. Not much of a spark to it, but you can add something to zip it up. We liked the diced sweet pepper and onions. Mayo adds moisture. Can see this being a potluck dish or one I would bring to a new mom/sick friend, etc.
Jul 5, 2020
Frances: i also have one who does not like green peppers. I substitute celery.
Jun 27, 2020
I made this n left out the peppers as my husband doesn’t like them. It was good and he even liked it. He usually doesn’t eat pasta as he’s a diabetic but he ate all I put on his plate. He’s bedridden and I’m trying to watch his weight. I will try some of the other peoples suggestions for more flavor.
Apr 9, 2020
This recipe is a keeper. Wife and Sister in Law loved it. I didn't put in the lemon juice because I didn't have any.
Apr 7, 2020
We absolutely loved this recipe. Easy to make and the peppers added a crunch and flavor. Nice and cheesy too.
Apr 6, 2020
Can sour cream be used instead of mayo?
Apr 6, 2020
My husband and son both proclaimed this recipe as awesome!
Apr 6, 2020
I didn’t make this recipe but I plan to...but I had to comment on how delightful it is to read the reviews and all the various alterations people make to a recipe! So creative and innovative, good ideas, great way to get to the heart of a dish and the people who make it! Thank you all!!
Apr 5, 2020
I cut the recipe in half because there is only my husband and me. I used Rotisserie chicken and followed it exactly except I added garlic powder and poultry seasoning as another reviewer suggested. It turned out deliciously. Will definitely make this again.
Mar 26, 2020
I added some cajun spice to give it a little kick and omitted the green peppers.