Chicken ‘n’ Bean Tacos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, undrained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- In a nonstick skillet, saute chicken, onion and garlic until juices run clear. Stir in beans, parsley, cumin and pepper; heat through.
- Spoon 1/3 cup down the center of each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese and tomatoes. Fold in half; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 146 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 228mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Jan 16, 2014
We tried this and thought it was just okay. I made the recipe as instructed with no changes. If I ever make it again, I would use cilantro over parsley, and possibly add part of a taco seasoning packet to boost the flavor a little.
Mar 4, 2011
I didn't think this recipe would be all that great based on the ingredients, BUT I WAS WRONG! The family ate it up! No left overs with this one.
Feb 21, 2011
Very happy with this recipe. Tasty, easy, low-fat. I'll make this again soon.