Chicken Little Sliders
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup canned crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Dash salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup finely chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons fat-free milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/3 cups soft bread crumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 18 heat-and-serve rolls, split
- 18 small lettuce leaves
- In two small bowls, combine the salsa and mayo ingredients; chill until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, peppers, milk, mustard, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Crumble chicken over mixture and mix well. Shape into 18 patties.
- If grilling the burgers, coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Stir cheese into salsa. Spread rolls with mayo; top each with a lettuce leaf, burger and 2 tablespoons salsa mixture.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 207 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 440mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Jun 5, 2012
We have made this several times for appetizers or a meal. They are wonderful. the only thing I change is I use ground chickent....I think the flavor gets through the meat better and they are easier to eat on a small bun.
Aug 28, 2010
No comment left