Chicken & Goat Cheese Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons herbed fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- Hot cooked rice or pasta
- Additional goat cheese, optional
- Toss chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute chicken until no longer pink, 4-6 minutes. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Add asparagus to skillet; cook and stir over medium-high heat 1 minute. Add garlic; cook and stir 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes, milk and 2 tablespoons cheese; cook, covered, over medium heat until cheese begins to melt, 2-3 minutes. Stir in chicken. Serve with rice. If desired, top with additional cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups chicken mixture: 251 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 447mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Jul 7, 2020
Once prep was completed, the rest of the cooking process went lightening fast! Good flavor and not the same old thing. I added a bit more crumbled goat cheese to the liquid in the pan; other wise, I made as directed. Husband and son added slices of French bread to dip into the sauce. A low-carb option if you happen to watch carbs.
Jun 22, 2020
I'm one of those folks who changes stuff cuz it's what I have on hand. We got a rotisserie chicken yesterday, so I used the leftovers from that. I had only diced canned tomatoes, so that went in instead of fresh tomatoes. I added some mushrooms that were thinking about going bad, with the asparagus. My husband loved it! I thought it was OK. I thought the tomato was a little weird in it. I'll make it again if the hubs asks for it.
May 15, 2020
This was so good! My husband absolutely loved it. I made it very much as written, except I added a few sliced mushrooms to the asparagus and I didn't have 2% milk, so I used light cream, which I did have. Served it with yellow rice and Martha Stewart's cucumber and asparagus vinaigrette and it was a perfect dinner for two. Easy and delicious. I will definitely make this again.
May 7, 2020
Yummy I didn’t have asparagus so added peas and shrooms instead. This will be a go to weekend night dish. Everyone had seconds. Yummy and healthy!
Apr 3, 2020
This was a delicious and easy to prep meal! I'm not a big fan of goat cheese, so I substituted queso cotija instead.
Oct 3, 2018
This was very tasty, although it is quite mild in its flavor. I added 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, which gave it a little flavor boost. Will definitely make this again.
Mar 1, 2018
Delicious! We used feta, as that's what we had, other than that we followed the recipe. We had no leftovers.
May 14, 2017
Yum! I made this in a very large batch (quadrupled) to feed my parents and in-laws for a family event and everyone loved the chicken and vegetables. I served this over corkscrew pasta. Our grocery store was out of the herbed goat cheese so I used an herbed feta and that was a great substitute.